Sunday, January 15, 2012

No Room for A Mudroom!

It's that time of the year again and the kid's jackets and mud shoes are all over the house
again...I don't have a place to have a designated mudroom
so I have been trying to find ideas for what you would call
mudroom area...some sort of organized look good place where all this
 winter stuff can go and still be within easy reach of the door
I found a couple of neat ideas and they don't look too complicated
or expensive...now where this area is located will determine what type of storage you may want to use...for example...by the back door, where most of my family comes and goes...a simple approach would work: storage bins and modular shelving right out of the box will do
If it's off the kitchen...and you have a handyman around..consider using some cabinets and counter tops attached to the walls for storage
this will make the area look like part of the kitchen
Inside the front door you may want to opt for something a little
more formal like a purchased hall tree or maybe a beautiful armoire
Here are some pictures I found of the ones I liked and that looked easy, functional and hopefully won't break the budget...








Well I'm off to find my handyman and see if I can get a little help 
with my mudroom area...
Talk to you later..
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment